GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Obligations for the lessor
The lessor is obliged to:
- Deliver the camper at the date, time and location stated above.
- Deliver the camper with the accompanying documents (e.g. registration certificate, proof of insurance).
- Deliver the camper complete, including the agreed inventory.
- Giving advice and tips to the lessee regarding the use of the camper.
- Arrange its own all risk insurance for damages to the camper. The all risk insurance does not cover any damage related to the occupants and driver of the camper.
2. Obligations for the lessee
The lessee is obliged to:
- Ensuring that the driver has a valid driving license at all times, with which he is authorized to drive a camper (with the registration number). It is not allowed to rent the camper if the driver is younger than 25 years old and has held a valid driving license for less than 6 months.
- Declare that all occupants including the driver have an own valid travel insurance during the rental period of the camper.
- Not to misuse the camper (this includes overloading), but to use it in accordance with the lessors’ advice and the normal use of a camper.
- Not to give the camper into the hands of a person not mentioned in this rental agreement.
- Not to sublet the camper.
- Return, at the end of the rental period, the camper on time and in the same conditions to the lessor.
3. Reservation and payment
- The lessee must provide double identification when making the reservation by means of a valid passport or identity card and a valid driving license.
- After making the reservation, the lessee will receive an invoice of the lessor with the total amount of the rent and deposit (and other costs if applicable). The rent and deposit must be paid within 5 working days after receipt of the invoice. If the payment is not made within 5 working days, the reservation will automatically expire.
- In the event of late payment of the invoice, as referred to in paragraph 3b, the lessor is entitled to unilaterally dissolve the rental agreement, without becoming liable for damages to the lessee.
- In case of reservation, the lessee agrees that his/her personal data will be verified by the lessor.
- By signing the reservation form, the lessee agrees to the rental term, rent and deposit stated in the reservation form and invoice.
- Upon return of the camper, the lessor will draw up a statement and any remaining amount will be transferred to the lessees’ bank account within 15 working days, subject to any deductions form the additional costs and/or fees owed by the lessee to the lessor.
- The lessee is obliged before, or at the commencement of the rental period, to pay the deposit of EUR 1,000.-. The lessor is in turn, obliged to pay back the deposit at the end of the rental period within 15 working days. The lessor may decide to withhold a part of that amount if there are reasons to do so (as referred to in paragraph 3f). For example, damage to the camper that is attributable to the lessee and administration costs. The lessor must prove these damages and costs, for example by means of photographs and invoices.
- The lessor is obliged to pay the deposit (together with the rent and possible other costs) within 5 working business days after receipt of the invoice (as referred to in paragraph 3b). If the payment is not made within 5 working days, the reservation will automatically expire.
- If the costs incurred by the lessee are so high that the deposit will not cover them, the lessor may hold the lessee liable.
5. Cancellation lessee
- Lessee must cancel by email or phone (use the contact details as included in clause 6 of this rental agreement), the cancellation is only valid if the lessee receives a written confirmation (by email or text message) of the lessor (or contact person) that the cancellation has been received in good order.
- In the event of cancellation, the lessee shall owe the following cancellation charges:
- 50% of the rental price in case of cancellation more than 3 months before the start date of the rental period;
- 100% of the rental price in case of cancellation less than 3 months before the start date of the rental period.
6. Non-compliance / failure to comply
- If one of the parties does not comply with its obligations, the other party shall be entitled to dissolve this rental agreement in whole or in part, unless the failure to comply is of a minor nature or scale. In the event of dissolution, there is a claim to compensation for possible damage, unless the failure to comply can be attributed to this party itself.
- In the event of dissolution or partial dissolution on the account of the lessors’ breach of contract, the lessor shall refund all or part of the paid rental price.
- If the camper is not delivered or not delivered on time, the lessee shall be entitled to 25% of the rental price, without prejudice to the right of compensation as referred to in paragraph a.
- If the lessee returns the camper later than agreed, the lessor shall be entitled to a daily charge (proportional percentage of the rental price).
7. Costs during rental period
- Any costs directed related to the use of the camper during the rental period, such as fines and tolls, shall be borne by the lessee.
- The necessary costs of normal maintenance and repair shall be for the account of the lessor.
- If there is a defect, the lessee should contact the lessor (contact person) immediately to discuss the possibilities. The lessee it not permitted to make any decisions in this regard on his own initiative.
- The lessee must immediately contact the lessor (contact person) if theft, confiscation or notable damage to the camper occurs. The lessor will give instructions to the lessee, which the lessee is obliged to follow.
- Damage that is not covered by an insurance policy will be charged to the lessee. Own risk involved will also be charged to the lessee. The lessee is also responsible for damage that occurred during the rental period. The latter is not the case when the lessee cannot be reasonably held liable for that.
9. Applicable law
- This agreement is subject to Dutch law. Only the competent Dutch subdistrict court is authorized in the event of disputes based on this rental agreement.